Since 2002

Your guide about Travel, Work, Live or Study in Australia


Home  Site map   Advertise

Australia Cities Study Travel Work Lodging Visas Diverse
Visas Topics:
  Tourist Visa
  Student Visa
  Work Visa
  Visa Denied
  Renew Visas
  Migrate to OZ
  Migration Agents
  Obtain Citizenship
  Level by Country
  Two Passports
  Stay Illegal



Sponsored Link
(Index Page)

  Attention: All information in this topic is to be taken as a guide only and may be outdated. The Department of Immigration of Australia, constantly modify and update the rules for most types of Visas. For actual and correct information, please consult the official website of the Department of Immigration.

Depending on the reason for your trip to Australia and your country of origin, you will need a visa to come to Australia. The Australian Embassy or Consular Representative in your Country is the place to get information about the type of visa you need and documents required. However, we will describe the main types of visas to give you an idea of what they are about. The duration of your visa and the type of documents required can vary from country to country.

Tourist Visa: Is for those intending to visit Australia for a period of not more than 3 months. Sometimes this visa can be renewed for another 3 months or the issuer may give you less than that. You are NOT allowed to work in Australia with a tourist visa, and if your visa gets close to its expiration date, you must renew it with the Department of Immigration before it expires or you will be illegal in the country. You can study in Australia with a Tourist Visa as long as the course duration doesn't exceed 11 weeks.

Student Visa: Is for those intending to study in Australia for a period of more than 12 weeks and studying full time (more than 20 hours per week). This visa will allow you to apply for a part time working visa after you have started your studies. A part time work visa allows you to work for up to 20 hours per week. The student visa has more requirements and documentation than the tourist visa, including compulsory Health Insurance that covers you for your period of study and students from some countries u may need to show  you have over A$ 18 610 or  around A$ 1600 per month( 2016) in your bank account, and in this amount is not included the studies expenses.(more evidence of funds)

Business Visa: Can be for short term (3 months) or up to 4 years. The short term business visa is for those who are coming to Australia to do business over a small time frame. These include: Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Meetings and some other activities. The long term business visa is basically for people who are going to work in companies from your own country that have a branch in Australia. They are also for people contracted by an Australian company to fulfil certain requirements.

Holiday Working Visa: This Visa is only supplied to travellers from Countries that have work agreements with Australia. It allows the person to work while travelling Australia for a limited time.

Immigration: A Resident Visa, is for those people who wants to immigrate to Australia. All categories have different requirements, but the most common is the General Skills category in which you have to obtain a certain number of points and requirements to be successful.

Investors: This Visa is for those who plan to invest in Australia, for example, buying a business. The amount you have to use as well as the duration of the investment is set by the government.

Internships- Visa for 12 months maximum, it allows professional experience in real work environment in Australia.

Well, there are some other visas, but they are not as popular as the ones mentioned above. You can contact an Australian Embassy or Consulate, Migration Agent or visit the official website of the Australian Immigration Department.

Google Web Portal





 | Terms of Use Privacy | Who are we Advertise | Contacts |

© Portal - All rights reserved - The reproduction of texts and photos without authorization is prohibited.