Since 2002

Your guide about Travel, Work, Live or Study in Australia


Home  Site map   Advertise

Australia Cities Study Travel Work Lodging Visas Diverse
Visas Topics:
  Tourist Visa
  Student Visa
  Work Visa
  Visa Denied
  Renew Visas
  Migrate to OZ
  Migration Agents
  Obtain Citizenship
  Level by Country
  Stay Illegal



Sponsored Link

 to enter

  Attention: All information in this topic is to be taken as a guide only and may be outdated. The Department of Immigration of Australia, constantly modify and update the rules for most types of Visas. For actual and correct information, please consult the official website of the Department of Immigration.

If you have another Citizenship beside your own birth country, you may have a choice to Apply for a Visa to Australia using one or another passport. This can be a convenience when one or another of your country is classified by The Australian Authorities as a better level then the other. Australia has an visa assessment based on the level of a country, meaning that countries classified as level 1 has some more privileges than a country classified as level 3. People from countries level 1 for example, can apply online on the Internet, costing less than the regular bureaucracy than countries of lower level, Also, another advantage, is to have the chance to change the Visa status in Australia without the need to leave the country. Example, change from Tourist Visa to Student Visa. (see clicking on the link more about Level of Assessment ).

Another advantage for some nationals is the agreement Australia has with some other countries regarding the Working Holiday Visa. This visa allows people from 18 to 30 years old to stay up to two years in Australia in a Holiday, but also with legal permission to take work. If the person wants to take a course with duration of less than 12 weeks, yes he or she can. Anyway, the maximum time this person can stay in only one job is 3 months. Also, if the person chooses an area classified as "Rural area", it is allowed by the Department of Immigration an extension of this Visa for another year (making a total maximum of two years). Note also that you can get the Working Holiday Visa only from outside Australia. 

People from the following countries can apply for a Working Holiday Visa (but check it out with the Australian Immigration Website for the latest news):Official information from the Immigration

United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Italy, France and, Belgium. Other countries such as Bangladesh,Indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey and USA have some restricitions and requirements to get the WHV.  

Chile ,Argentina and Uruguay from South America have agreement with Australia for a  Working Holiday Visa but with restrictions..Portugal and Israel done agrrements with Australia for WHV.  More about this Visa here.

Honey tonight you want me as Mexican or Brazilian?

- It doesn't matter sweety, after all these drinks I go strait to sleep!

Google Web Portal





 | Terms of Use Privacy | Who are we Advertise | Contacts |

© Portal - All rights reserved - The reproduction of texts and photos without authorization is prohibited.