Since 2002

Your guide about Travel, Work, Live or Study in Australia


Home  Site map   Advertise

Australia Cities Study Travel Work Lodging Visas Diverse
Visas Topics:
  Tourist Visa
  Student Visa
  Visa Denied
  Renew Visas
  Migrate to OZ
  Migration Agents
  Obtain Citizenship
  Level by Country
  Two Passports
  Stay Illegal



Sponsored Link

 Work Visa

  Attention: All information in this topic is to be taken as a guide only and may be outdated. The Department of Immigration of Australia, constantly modify and update the rules for most types of Visas. For actual and correct information, please consult the official website of the Department of Immigration.

Australia has different Visa classes to work in Australia: They are:

Working Holiday Visa - Available only to people from countries which Australia has agreement. This Visa allows Citizens of these countries to travel and work in Australia for a period of one year renewable for another year if the holder intent to work in "Rural areas" (understand Rural areas as any town outside the bigger urban areas).The person must have between 18 and 30 years old to be accepted as an applicant and the Visa can only be granted from outside Australia.

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) For people from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.
Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA .

Consult for more info about Working Holiday Visa or Work and Holiday. 

 Part Time Working Visa - Available to International Students, enrolled in a course full time and with duration of more than 12 weeks. It is allowed a maximum of work of 40 hours peeach 2 weeks and during school breaks and holidays. The permission may be included with the student visa.

Short Duration Business - This Visa is for people in Business trips to Australia with a duration of less than 3 months. Example: Seminars, Conferences, workshops, Business Visits. and Business Meetings.

Long Duration Business - This Visa allows the holder to stay for a maximum of 4 years working in Australia. It is tailor made for people send to Australia to work in one Australian branch of the company. To get this Visa the applicant must supply to the Dept of Immigration a letter from the company he/she works in Australia or another country explaining the needs for that professional take that position in the Australian branch, and the duration of the position. Also medical exams are necessary.

Purchase of a Business - This Visa is part of the Immigration Category, and it is based on the principle of a reasonable investment in a Business of a minimum value in Australia. (not all business are approved for the purpose). The owner of the Business must employ a minimum number of Australians and will have the right to work and live in Australia. There are many restrictions and obligations involved. For more details talk to an Immigration Agent. the Embassy, or Immigration officer near you.

  Visa 416 for professional experience - Usually is a Visa tailor made for students to gain some work experience or participate in a practical training skill. It is like a visa for internship, paid or not, and usually is related to a Student Visa.

Note1: there is a new Visa for Medical Practice only. Part of a program to attract doctors and Nurses to Australia

Note2:  Regional Australia are all cities of Australia except Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, NSW Central Coast, Wollongong, Perth, Canberra. Adelaide and Hobart are considered as Regional Capitals

Work Permit (Sponsorship)- It is a Visa that allows the holder to work legally in Australia for any company that wants to sponsor the employee. There are some restrictions by the Immigration Department such as the minimum size of the company, salary above a certain mark, and the company will have to prove that there is not an Australian qualified and available to take the position. In other words, is the case of a company contracting you to work in a certain speciality. Usually the Visa is conditioned to the work and contractor, meaning if you loose the job, you loose the Visa.

"That is true Johnny, in my country I live in the mud . Here in Australia I was contracted to remove the mud".


Google Web Portal





 | Terms of Use Privacy | Who are we Advertise | Contacts |

© Portal - All rights reserved - The reproduction of texts and photos without authorization is prohibited.